Bag on Valve
A Bag-On-Valve system consists of the aerosol valve with a welded bag.
With the Bag-On-Valve system the compressed air in the aerosol can is on the outside of the bag and acts as a propellant on the product which is inside the bag.
Contrary to aerosol products, where a product and propellant need to be mixed for an optimized spray effect, the separation of these two components in the bag-on-valve system offers numerous advantages:
- Use of compressed or liquefied propellants possible
- Optimised for oxygen sensitive products
- Product emptying up to 99%
- Hygienic and sterilisable
- Bag is FDA-approved
- Can be used in all positions
- Reduced spray noise and non-chilling product discharge
- Can be used with standard actuators, corresponding to the product features, and with standard aerosol cans (aluminium or tinplate)
- Standard requirement for gel products
- Use of compressed air as an especially environment-friendly propellant
The fact that also compressed air can be used as a propellant, is one of this system´s main characteristics.
As the product in the bag does not come into contact with oxygen, the Bag-On-Valve system enables a longer lifecycle of the product compared to the standard aerosol. Less perfumes and preservatives are needed.